So I’m still fairly new to this whole running business, and this week I have been slacking. In fact in the interest of honesty and in case anyone out there is reading this, and like me constantly feels themselves comparing their own progress to people doing better (whole other post coming about this, soon, I promise), I’ve actually only managed to get out running once this week.
However, in the spirit of not letting my own comparisons get me down, and hopefully to help you guys think more positively, I am really celebrating the one run I did this week. Now excuse the pun but I really feel I hit my stride.
This was the first run, where I actually ran (read: decent paced jogged) the whole way round AND it was the first time I actually enjoyed it! Oh yes, I am becoming one of those people, running clears my head.
I thought it might be fun to share with you all the thoughts that run through my head while I run so here goes…
1. Song lyrics
2. Show ides
3. Blog posts
4. Past relationships
5. Future relationships
6. To do lists
7. The things that are bothering me
8. How nice it would be to have a dog
9. How much easier it is to run in the countryside
10. People I haven’t spoken to in a while who I should call
11. That funny thing that happened that time in uni
12. What else in my wardrobe will go with my new lilac skirt
13. How much I have managed to save this month
14. How much I should save next month
15. How much should I save before I can justify splurging on a camera
16. Or a holiday
17. How little of the world I have seen
19. T in the park
And the list could go on and on and on, now you might think that all that thinking would give me a meltdown, but really that is no less than what I normally have going through my head, the difference is that when I finish jogging, the thoughts do to. Giving myself that time to do nothing other than think and tire myself put really works wonders.
What goes through your head when you’re running? Live life & drink tea x
PS. I really wish I was the type of person that could be up in a morning and run but I am yet to find the motivation? Any tips?